Wednesday 31 July 2013

Work in Progress: Crochet Rainbow Rug

I thought I'd share a bit more of the rug I've been making for my daughters' bedroom. So far this summer hols, out of everything, it is the project that I keep coming back to when I have a moment to sit and crochet.


I keep it, and the yarn, in a bag next to the sofa and my hooks are never far away too. A cup of tea and a fifteen minute crochet fix is all it takes to get me back on an even keel.

 
The yarn I'm using is Schoeller and Stahl 'Record 210', some of which I bought here, and some of which I ordered from a local yarn shop. It is a gorgeous, soft, aran weight, 100% cotton yarn which I'm using on a 4.5mm hook. It was a bit splitty at first, but it really is a pleasure to work with and it comes in lovely sausages!
 
 
The pattern I'm using (here), was for a smaller rug but I think I will just keep going... I'd like a nice big dollop of colour in the middle of the bedroom floor!
 
 
xx
 
Linking with Tami for Work in Progress Wednesday.
 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, what am amazingly gorgeous blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be one gorgeous blanket. I love the spray of colours through it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful rug! So colourful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice, would definitely give a nice pop of colour to a room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really lovely, will certainly be an impressive feature in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Looks brilliant, lucky daughter! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it's WONDERFUL! What a lucky daughter you have, it's going to light up her room

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving your thoughts - I love to read them x